Joey Anthone (aka @USAProspects) joined the pod to comb through the U-20 player pool and we didn’t stop. Who will be available for November qualifying? We projected that. What are the biggest challenges for Tab Ramos? We explained them. What are the areas of strength in the pool? We pointed them out. Who will be the 6? Who will be the 9? Who will be the centerbacks? Check, check, check. And then we each gave a 20-man roster and answered several listener questions. Carve out time over multiple days because you won’t be able to handle this in one sitting.
- 0:30 Intro
- 8:25 Who will be available for U-20 World Cup qualifying? (Adams, Sargent, Weah. Amon — no; Taitague, Soto, McKenzie, Carleton, Durkin — it’s complicated; Ledezma, Mendez, Llanez, Booth — probably)
- 58:20 Who will be the No. 6 if DC United makes a run and gets into the playoffs with Durkin at the 6?
- 1:09:30 Who will be Mark McKenzie’s centerback partner?
- 1:21:40 Who will be the striker?
- 1:31:25 Areas of strength in the pool: fullbacks and wingers
- 1:52:30 How many guys will play up an age group?
- 1:59:25 Efra Alvarez discussion
- 2:13:10 Belz and Anthone give their ideal/realistic rosters for November qualifying
- 2:28:00 listener questions (lots of good ones and lots of good answers from Joey)
Get in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you and our email is email@example.com