Belz, Joey Anthone and Matt Hartman take a deep dive into the pool of players born in 2002 or later and therefore eligible for the U17 World Cup next year. We talk about how this age group stacks up against past cycles, discuss more than 50 individual players and try to answer a bunch of very good Twitter questions. This is a long one. Listen at 1.5 speed. Use the show notes. If you get bored with the discussion of one position, skip to the next. We start with the top prospects, generally, and move our way down at each spot on the field.
- 0:30 Is this U17 cycle as good as the last one?
- 8:45 Goalkeepers: Damian Las, Chituru Odunze, Gavin Krenecki, Seth Wilson, Aaron Cervantes, Vicente Reyes
- 19:00 Centerbacks: Mason Judge, Axel Alejandre, Michael Barragan, Antino Lopez, Casey Walls, Owen Guske, Kenneth Nielsen, Ethan Bayer
- 32:50 Fullbacks: George Bello, Joe Scally, Kobe Hernandez, Mauricio Cuevas, Adam Armour, John Michael Tolkin, Jacob Greene, Anton Sorenson, Amir Daley
- 48:25 Holding and box-to-box midfielders: Tayvon Gray, Joshua Atencio, Danny Robles, Peter Stroud, Gilbert Fuentes, Edwin Villareal, Maximilian Göggel, Javier Casas, Adam Saldana, Will Reilly, Danny Flores, David Rodriguez
- 1:13:45 Attacking midfielders: Gianluca Busio, Giovanni Reyna (more of a winger, really), James Dunning, Moses Nyeman, Jack Imperato
- 1:32:10 Wingers: Andres Jasson, Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (more of a striker, really), Cade Cowell, Joshua Pynadath, Patrick Bohui, Andre Luis Queiroz Costa, Dante Sealy, Selmir Miscic, Sam Sarver, Julian Gaines, Ray Serrano
- 1:49:53 Strikers: Griffin Yow, Ricardo Pepi, Sagir Arce, Tyler Freeman, Diego Lopez, Dantouma Toure
- 2:10:05 Starting XIs and Twitter questions (a lot of good ones!)